Which repairs are my responsibility?
Click on the links below to view who is responsible for which type of repair.
To report an emergency repair, please call us on 0330 1234 034. Alternatively, you can report a repair here.
Find out which repairs you are responsible for:
- all internal decorations unless your agreement says otherwise
- replacing light bulbs, fluorescent tubes/starters, fuses and batteries
- replacing floor coverings unless they were fitted by us
- replacing plugs and chains to baths, basins and sinks
- filling minor internal cracks in walls
- adjusting/replacing letter box covers
- replacing kitchen cupboard catches
- altering kitchen units to fit new appliances
- repairing or replacing washing lines or posts (with the exception of those in communal areas)
- toilet seat renewal and fitting
- plumbing and/or fitting of appliances
- providing additional power sources and sockets
- glazing (you should claim on your contents insurance. If you do not, we will make safe but you will be re-charged)
- cutting extra keys and replacing keys and locks if keys are lost or repairs caused by forcing or gaining access
- replacing bathroom fittings such as toilet roll holders
- environmental treatment of wasps and ants nests, vermin, pigeon, squirrel, flea or beetle infestation inside the home unless due to property defect, and in all instances outside the home
- garden fences between neighbouring properties and timber sheds
- work to trees in individual dwellings (Unless they are subject to a tree preservation order, a maintenance agreement or may cause damage to the property if not pruned)
- TV aerial repairs (Unless you share a communal aerial)
- more than one annual chimney sweep.
- unblocking sinks where the blockage has been caused by the wrong items being put down - this could be things such as fat and food waste.
Find out repairs we are responsible for:
- roof, chimney, gutters, down pipes
- outside walls and floors
- external doors and frames
- windows, frames, sills, catches and sash cords
- baths, basins, sinks, toilets, cisterns and waste pipes
- meter cupboard doors
- drains and waste pipes
- sockets, switches and light fittings
- central heating, water heaters and fitted fires,
- Garden fences which face a public boundary
- communal entrances, halls, lifts, passageways, rubbish chutes and other communal parts including their electrical lighting and a shared TV aerial.
- we will also undertake external repairs and painting of your home and any communal areas on a set cycle
If you live in one of our supported or sheltered schemes, the responsibilities are different from those listed above. Speak to your neighbourhood coach to find out who is responsible for what.
Homeowners are responsible for their own repairs but we manage communal areas as shown above.
We will not repair damage to your home that has been caused by you, or your visitors.
If you are responsible for a repair
We may have to charge you for repairing damage caused by you
If you cause damage to your home, whether accidental or on purpose, it is your responsibility to put this right. On occasions we may have to repair the damage to make the home safe but unfortunately we will then have to charge you for the work carried out. Read more about rechargeable repairs here.