Skip to main content

Request an aid and adaptation to your home

Do you require an adaption to be made to your home due to a long term illness or disability? If so Bromford may be able to assist you. If suitable and practicable we can carry out minor adaptations to your property, we can usually provide the following minor adaptations:

  • Grab rails/ hand rails/ stair rails
  • Free standing rails next to external steps
  • Providing a half step to front or rear door
  • Minor improvements to pathways for disabled access
  • Lever taps to bathrooms and kitchens
  • Hard of hearing smoke alarm and doorbell
  • Fitting key safes outside your property for careers
  • Alterations to doors to sliding or reverse opening
  • Window equipment to open and close windows
  • Minor adjustments to kitchens
  • WC lever handle flush
  • External lighting
  • Extra electrical plug sockets if needed for medical equipment
  • Alterations to current heating controls
  • Door and wall protectors.
  • Highlighting edges of steps

Should you need any of these minor adaptations, then you can request this via completing the form, accessed below.

Adaptation form

If you're having other problems

If you are having problems with any of the following:
- Accessing your bath
- Difficulties managing the stairs
- Require wheelchair access
-Require Specialist Equipment
- Require a Stairlift or similar
- Or your medical needs have significantly changed since previous adaptions
Then please in the first instance refer yourself for an occupational therapist assessment from social care and health.

If yes please provide their full name and contact details

If you need any advise before submitting this form or you would like to discuss the matter further please contact your Neighbourhood Coach directly.

We will process your personal data in line with the data protection law set out in our privacy notice.

If Major Adaptation work or equipment is required, it is likely this would be facilitated through a Disabled Facility Grant (DFG); works such as a level access shower, accessible kitchen, or equipment such as a Stair or bathing lifts etc. These will require an assessment of you and your home in order to establish current needs and suitability.

To arrange a DFG assessment please contact your Local Authority 

If you do not qualify for a DFG then Bromford will consider a request for major adaptations when supported by the Local Authority, you can request this via completing the form accessed below.

If you would like any further help or information regarding adaptions to your home you can speak with your Neighbourhood Coach, who will advise you accordingly.

Should you have already been provided with equipment through a grant this is your responsibility (or the Local Authorities subject to the conditions of the grant you obtain) to maintain and service.