Skip to main content

Click on the links below to view who is responsible for which type of repair. 

To report an emergency repair, please call us on 0330 1234 034. Alternatively, you can report a repair.

    • roof, chimney, gutters, down pipes
    • outside walls and floors
    • external doors and frames
    • windows, frames, sills, catches and sash cords
    • baths, basins, sinks, toilets, cisterns and waste pipes
    • meter cupboard doors
    • drains and waste pipes
    • sockets, switches and light fittings
    • central heating, water heaters and fitted fires,
    • Garden fences which face a public boundary
    • communal entrances, halls, lifts, passageways, rubbish chutes and other communal parts including their electrical lighting and a shared TV aerial.
    • we will also undertake external repairs and painting of your home and any communal areas on a set cycle

If you live in one of our supported or sheltered schemes, the responsibilities are different from those listed above. Speak to your neighbourhood coach to find out who is responsible for what.

Homeowners are responsible for their own repairs but we manage communal areas as shown above.

We will not repair damage to your home that has been caused by you, or your visitors.

If you are responsible for a repair

These 'How-to' guides and videos give you a step-by-step help on how to complete simple repairs around your home.

We may have to charge you for repairing damage caused by you

If you cause damage to your home, whether accidental or on purpose, it is your responsibility to put this right. On occasions we may have to repair the damage to make the home safe but unfortunately we will then have to charge you for the work carried out. Read more about rechargeable repairs.