Skip to main content

Want to leave?

Thank you for being part of Bromford and living in one of our homes. We are sorry that you want to leave us, but we know that circumstances can change. We wish you all the best in your next step.  

Are you sure we can't persuade you to stay? Contact your Neighbourhood Coach, who may be able to help you find what you are looking for.

If you are definite about leaving us you must give us written notice before your tenancy can end, the length of this notice will be at least 4 weeks but may be one calendar month depending on what your tenancy agreement states.

To do this you can:

  • Print, complete and sign the tenancy notice form, return this by post we recommend using recorded delivery as we can only take notice from the date of receipt 
  • Email a signed letter confirming name, address and wish to end your tenancy to the lettings team in your area. This will require a wet signature 
  • Emailing the tenancy notice form or letter to our contact team or posting into our offices again we recommend using recorded delivery

Are you a shared Owner? Find out how to sell your shared ownership home.

Once you have given notice we will:

  • write confirming the date your tenancy will end
  • arrange to visit you to inspect the condition of your home before you leave.
  • arrange a separate visit to you to prepare an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) if your home does not already have one.

  You must:

  • pay your rent until the end of your tenancy and complete any outstanding repairs that you are responsible for.
  • clear the home of all your belongings and make sure it is clean and tidy, including the garden, when you leave.
  • let Bromford workers and contractors complete visits to your property for condition and EPC Inspection. They will telephone to make an appointment with you.
  • carry out any repairs that have been identified as your responsibility before you leave. If you do not we will charge for this work
  • take all your furniture and belongings with you, this includes carpets
  • leave your property in a clean and tidy condition. You will charged if we have to do this for you
  • remove any rubbish from the property and garden
  • leave all decorations in a clean and tidy condition
  • let your electricity, gas and water suppliers know you are moving, give them the meter readings and your forwarding address. Please let us know if you have any debt on your meters
  • let the Council Tax section at your local authority know when you are moving and your forwarding address
  • if you receive any Housing Benefit, let them know when your tenancy will end and your forwarding address
  • get your telephone and internet disconnected
  • arrange for your mail to be redirected.

On the date which your tenancy ends (or the following day if your tenancy ends on a Sunday): 

  • you and the lawful occupiers will move out and not leave anyone else and/or any pets in the property 
  • you will return the keys (and where applicable all the door entry fobs) to the property to us by 10:00am  
  • you will leave the property, any energy efficiency systemand our fixtures and fittings, in a clean and good condition 
  • you will leave the energy efficiency system at the property 
  • you will remove all furniture, personal possessions (including but not limited to fitted carpets and curtains that belong to you) and rubbish from the property. 
  • If a surveyor finds that you have damaged your home, you will be charged for the repair. 

If you are a customer of an intermediate or market rent property and have paid a deposit, we will confirm the amount that will be returned to you. This money is held by the Deposit Protection Scheme, who will refund you by cheque. We may deduct amounts from the deposit for outstanding debts, damage to the property, redecoration and cleaning costs. 

Lettings teams

To find out which lettings team you need to contact search your postcode below, this will show your locality which will then match the email address’ listed below: 

Central Team mailbox is: Lettings Team Central 

Gloucester Team mailbox is: Lettings Team Gloucester 

Staffs & Marches Team Mailbox is: Lettings Team Staffs & Marches 

West Of England Team Mailbox is: Lettings Team West of England 

What to do if a customer passes away

Firstly, we are sorry for your loss. We're sure this will be a difficult time for you and we are here to help make the transition of the tenancy as simple as possible. We have a dedicated page with more information on regarding what to do if a customer passes away.