Want to leave?
Thank you for being part of Bromford and living in one of our homes. We are sorry that you want to leave us, but we know that circumstances can change. We wish you all the best in your next step.
Are you sure we can't persuade you to stay? Contact our Customer Service Centre on 0330 1234 034 and talk to one of our friendly customer advisors, who may be able to help you find what you are looking for.
If you are definite about leaving us you must give us four weeks written notice before your tenancy can end. To do this you can complete the tenancy notice form. You will need to print the form, complete it and return it to us by post, as we require a signature from you.
Are you a shared Owner? You can find out how to sell your shared ownership home here.
Once you have given notice we will:
- write confirming the date your tenancy will end
- arrange to visit you to inspect the condition of your home before you leave.
- arrange a separate visit to you to prepare an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) if your home does not already have one.
- pay your rent until the end of your tenancy and complete any outstanding repairs that you are responsible for.
- clear the home of all your belongings and make sure it is clean and tidy, including the garden, when you leave.
- let Bromford workers and contractors complete visits to your property for condition and EPC Inspection. They will telephone to make an appointment with you.
If a surveyor finds that you have damaged your home, you will be charged for the repair.
If you are a customer of an intermediate or market rent property and have paid a deposit, we will confirm the amount that will be returned to you. This money is held by the Deposit Protection Scheme, who will refund you by cheque. We may deduct amounts from the deposit for outstanding debts, damage to the property, redecoration and cleaning costs.