Right to Buy
Am I eligible?
You might be able to buy your home if:
- You rent your home from Bromford and have a 'secure' tenancy - a tenancy given to you by Bromford before 15 January 1989 OR
- You were a Council tenant when the management of your home was transferred to us from Cotswold District Council, Lichfield District Council, Tewkesbury Borough Council or South Gloucestershire Council AND
- You don't live in sheltered or other housing specifically for elderly or disabled people AND
- You don't have any outstanding possession orders against you because you have breached the terms of your tenancy agreement.
The discount available to you depends on how long you have held your tenancy (public sector tenancy) for. The maximum discount available is £84,600.
- Try the online calculator to see how much discount you may be entitled to.
Can I afford to buy my home?
- You may need a mortgage
- You will need to pay for solicitors' fees, survey costs, and a mortgage arrangement fee
- You will be responsible for the cost of all repairs to the property
- You will be responsible for service charges for maintaining any communal/shared areas
- You will be responsible for paying buildings insurance
We strongly recommend you look at property prices in your area and the mortgage amount you are likely to need before applying to buy your home.
How do I apply
View the Right to Buy booklet.