Kick start your career at Lichfield jobs fair
The content in this article may now be out of date. Please try searching for a more recent version.
Whether you live in Burton, Tamworth, Lichfield or the surrounding areas, if you’re looking to kick start your career or on the hunt for an exciting new challenge, more than 30 employers will be on hand to share their job opportunities at a special careers fair next Friday (21 March).
Taking place in Lichfield, the employer roster already includes the NHS, RAF Careers, Tesco and South Staffs College amongst many others. Jobseekers will have the chance to learn about local job vacancies, apprenticeships, working from home opportunities and local training courses.
Representatives from Lichfield Job Centre Plus and National Careers Advice Service will also be on hand to provide some top tips and solve any job-hunting problems. Even local MP Michael Fabricant has been supporting the initiative, congratulating organisers Bromford, Job Centre Plus and the Chamber of Commerce for organising the event.
Over 100 job seekers have already signed up to attend one of the two sessions at social business Bromford’s Lichfield office, located on Stowe Road. Running from 10am till midday and then 1pm till 3pm, anyone wanting to come along will have to book with Michael Pritchard on 01543 420848 or email email@example.com, and be quick, as spaces are filling up fast.
The full list of employers is:
- The British Army
- Royal Air Force Careers
- COGS – Opportunities for gardening jobs for people with learning disabilities
- National Careers Service – Looking for trainee careers advisors
- South Staffs College – Offering a range of apprenticeships
- Kleeneze – New opportunities for local distributors
- NYR Organic - Selling organic products from home
- Nextira One – IT and business apprenticeships.
- Bromford – A range of jobs with the affordable housing and support provider.
- People through performance – Apprenticeship schemes
- Euro Car Parts/PDM training – Warehousing vacancies
- St Giles Care Agency – Jobs for community carers
- NOVUS - Roofing and Painting vacancies
- Pathway First – Apprenticeships
- Pertemps – A huge range of temporary and permanent positions
- Fairway HomeCare – Careers for community carers.
- Digital Native UK - IT apprenticeships
- UPS - Warehouse operatives and FLT drivers
- Mediline – Jobs in the care sector
- Total People – Apprentice childcare opportunities
- Aspire People - Teaching and non teaching posts in local schools
- Tesco – Lots of retail jobs and related vacancies.
- Extra care - Care assistants
- NHS – A huge range of positions within the NHS
- Momentum Recruitment - Recruitment agency for lots of careers available
- Kaplan Financial - Level 2-4 apprenticeships in accountancy
- Driving Edge - Recruiting for a local Tesco distribution centre
- Hill Crest Care- Residential support workers for a school for girls aged 12-19
- G I Group - Recruitment for Burton Boots distribution centre
- Wheels to work - Support with transport solutions for those going back to work
- Job Centre Plus – On hand with vacancies and advice, as well as tips on Universal Job Match.
- Making Space - Support for people with mental health issues
- Business Development Services Ltd – Help and advice on starting your own business.