Skip to main content


If you are affected by Bedroom Tax, moving to a smaller property with fewer spare rooms may be your solution.

There are different ways you can find another property:


Homeswapper - You can swap houses with someone else living in a housing association or council property which has fewer bedrooms, but first you must find someone to swap with. Homeswapper is a website that helps you find properties to swap with in your area you want to live in. Click Here to learn more.

Let's Swap - If you live in the West Midlands, you can also use this website to find someone to swap with. Let's Swap is a self-service scheme and lets you find, apply and track your exchange all online! Click Here to learn more

Bromford Homeswap - We have created a Facebook page for our customers looking to swap the property they rent. Simply post the type of property you have and the property you are looking for. Make sure you read the guidance notes on how to use the page. Click Here to visit.


Choice Based Lettings - Your local council may offer a 'Choice Based Lettings' scheme. If your looking for a new home, rather than a waiting list, properties are now advertised online through a local council or authority. This makes the allocation of properties simpler and more transparent, allowing you to make a choice about where you live. Click Here to find a scheme.

To speak to an advisor about finding a house with fewer bedrooms or to arrange for an advisor to visit you at home to discuss bedroom tax, simply contact us.