Skip to main content

Get back into work

If you're unemployed, finding a job and earning more money will increase the income into your home and help cover the cost of Bedroom Tax.

There are different  ways we can help you find employment:

Connect- Connect is our free employment service which will help build your CV, show you suitable job vacancies and let you know about recruitment events and job clubs in your area. The friendly, experienced team provides support, advice and guidance to jobseekers and helps them find work. Click Here to register with Connect

Universal Jobmatch - This national website is run by the government and job-centre and lets you search through a huge variety of vacancies from unskilled to professional jobs. Click Here to visit Universal Jobmatch

National Careers Service - This is government run and gives you help and advice on building a CV, training and learning opportunities. Click here to visit National Careers Service

Apprenticeships - You can earn while you learn! Gain skills in an industry and help build on your CV

Contributions - If someone else in your home is over 18 and not in full time education but works or claims benefit, they will be expected to pay a contribution to your rent. Your housing benefit will be cut in line with this expected contribution so it is important that as many people as possible in your house find employment and contribute to the rent. Click Here to find out more about non-dependent deductions

Once you have gained employment and you receive benefits, you will need to make the DWP aware.