Skip to main content

Looking for affordable home contents insurance?

Home Contents Insurance

It's important to have Home Contents Insurance to protect your furniture, belongings or decorations against loss or damage. This could be caused by theft, fire, explosion, lightning or earthquake as well as water leakage, storm or flood damage.

We don't insure your contents for you, so you will need to take out your own policy in case they are damaged for any of the reasons above.

So just how much contents insurance do you need? Which company should you purchase it from?

We can help our customers and leaseholders obtain home contents insurance easily and at a price that is affordable. While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

With a special scheme called My Home arranged in conjunction with the National Housing Federation and Bromford, our customers and leaseholders can protect their belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens they have cover.

Visit the MyHome website to find out more 

This scheme is run by Thistle Tenant Risks. For further information and enquiries about the scheme you can call them on 0345 450 7288.

You can find out more about the scheme by completing the contact form on the MyHome website. Let them know you're a Bromford customer and they will make contact with you.

There are also sites that offer further advice about Home Contents Insurance and how to ensure you get the right policy for you.

Building Insurance

Do I need to arrange Building Insurance?

  • When you rent a home from us, we will arrange insurance on the structure of the building.
  • If you own a share in your property with us or 100% of the leasehold interest, we may insure the building. Find out more here.

Back to money saving tips