Growing the business to enable even more customers to thrive
There are tens of thousands of people waiting for an affordable home in the areas we operate in. And we have the financial position and skills to make a significant difference. We will use our financial strength to deliver thousands of new, affordable homes over the next five years. We will also deliver homes for market sale, but only where it is needed to also deliver affordable homes.
We will build new homes through a number of routes, including sites with planning, regeneration schemes, long-term strategic sites and option agreements. Some schemes will be delivered directly through our in-house construction team Bromford Developments Limited (BDL). But we recognise that there will be times when we can achieve more by working in partnership with others. We will be seeking partners to work with on joint ventures or strategic partnerships. At the same time we will continue to strengthen our relationships with housebuilders, developers and landowners to deliver quality affordable homes.
Over the next ten years our goal is to invest £1.5bn in 14,000 new homes. We’re committed to delivering at least half of the new homes in Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire.
How will we measure our progress?
By 2023 we aim to have:
- Built 6,500 new affordable homes
- Delivered 1,000 of these homes through joint ventures or strategic relationships
- 95% of all house sales completed within one month
- Regenerated an additional 200 new homes
- Reduced the cost of our new homes on a like-for-like basis by 7.5%
- Delivered at least 250 homes per year via offsite construction
We buy land
We buy land