Sam is back on top
The content in this article may now be out of date. Please try searching for a more recent version.
Shropshire Transport Solutions came to Sam’s rescue with an electric bike when he was successful in getting a job but had no means of transport to get there.
Elaine Martin at Stonham Home Group supported Sam to get back on track after he had led a chaotic lifestyle. She said: “Sam worked really hard to better himself, going on a Princes Trust course and updating his CV. He did really well to get a job back in care work which he had done before but a lack of transport and money meant he was stuck.”
Transport Solutions was able to loan Sam a bike until he received his first month’s salary and could afford public transport to get into work. He said: “The bike gave me an option and meant I could be independent. I now can afford to use the bus to travel the few miles to and from work each day."
Ollie Wheeler from Bromford, part of Transport Solutions said: “It’s great to see another success story from our transport solutions service. We were able to help Sam with a bus pass to get to his interview and then sorted an electric bike for a month’s trial. Sam has now been at work for a couple of months and is really enjoying working full time.”
Transport Solutions can help provide transport solutions where individuals would not otherwise be able to travel due to having no transport of their own including getting to important meetings and events to enable social inclusion.
Transport Solutions include:
• support and guidance to access existing community transport and public services available
• short term assistance in purchasing bus or train tickets or provision of taxi service where other transport services will not meet the requirement of the customer
• voluntary driver and vehicle service for rural travel not covered by other transport options
• cycle provision service, including bike loan, helmet, lock and lights for short term solutions
• 'Bikeability' workshops to support the cycle provision
• support to establish and maintain independent travel solutions following successful use of the scheme
A county-wise service is offered with hubs at Oswestry, Whitchurch, Bridgnorth, Ludlow and Shrewsbury. For more information contact Ollie Wheeler on 01743 242 637 or Ollie.firstname.lastname@example.org