Teamwork triumphs for year-end success at Bromford
The content in this article may now be out of date. Please try searching for a more recent version.
As the curtains close on another financial year, colleagues at one of the country’s leading social businesses have been busily working away to ensure they keep their promises on delivery.
Midlands-based Bromford, a social business that aims to inspire people to be their best through training, employment, volunteering, support and affordable housing has today released end-of-year performance information that demonstrates why the business continues to be at the top of its game.
With more results released over the coming months, here’s just a taster of some initial findings for 2012/13.
- Despite the UK’s continuing recession, this year Bromford has started to build 713 much needed new affordable homes across central England. From Dudley to Cirencester, Coventry to Bicester, these gorgeous new properties will provide families and individuals with a place to call home.
- Of the new homes started, 591 have been handed over for sale or rent, with 76 properties handed over in March alone!
- Bromford Homes sales are also on track with 162 shared ownership homes sold and a further 18 outright sale homes signed and sealed.
- Having submitted their last grant claim, the Homes and Communities Agency has confirmed that Bromford has met all its targets both as Bromford and the Bromford Development Partnership.
But, it’s not all about new homes:
- For the 12th year running, Bromford has rented all its properties, with not a single empty home on April 1st. And no this isn’t an April fools, the 100% occupation follows a customer signing for the last empty home at 5.15pm on Thursday evening. Cutting it fine, but it all counts!
- Importantly Bromford also sees 100% fuel certification on all its homes at the end of this financial year. Keeping people safe is vital and the asset team has been working hard to ensure that every Bromford property’s fuel system is checked, even scheduling the last service for March 31st at 9am.
Following the release of information on Bromford’s performance over the last year, chief executive Mick Kent said: “I take my hat off to all the Bromford colleagues who have worked so hard to make these great results happen. It really has been a team effort and has certainly demonstrated you being your very best.”